Perform work involving the skills of multiple maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may range from installation and repairing of buildings, to troubleshooting and repairing electrical or mechanical equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Assist with negotiation of price for build outs and extra projects.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Initiative: Spotting opportunities within a circle of influence; anticipating threats and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively until the situation demands action.
- Oral Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
This job is in a store/retail environment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to use a ladder.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. These days/hours may vary if work load permits.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous maintenance experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.