Sr. Email Marketing Specialist
The Sr. Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email and SMS marketing campaigns in support of company and business unit objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, setup, maintenance, and review of reoccurring and triggered email and SMS communications. Additionally, this individual maintains a current understanding of digital marketing (email and SMS) best practices and applies them to the execution of Cellular Sales’ digital marketing campaigns.
- Develops email campaigns using CSS, HTML, platform-specific languages, and other selected languages following coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
- Drives email and SMS strategy to align with the overall brand strategy.
- Develops SMS campaigns in support of business needs and objectives.
- Creates Multivariate Tests for email and SMS campaigns and programs.
- Performs day-to-day email and SMS marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-time, reoccurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns.
- Troubleshoots technical issues related to HTML email templates, list segmentation, and other aspects of email and SMS campaign execution, as required.
- Contributes to development of email and SMS coding standards and best practices.
- Reports on email and SMS KPIs and uses to inform digital marketing strategy.
- Evaluates and recommends new tools, emerging technologies, and industry best practices pertaining to Digital Marketing.
- Develops thorough understanding of current email and SMS platforms in use by Cellular Sales.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
- Usage of Technical Expertise: Acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge in one's own technological area of specialty.
- Initiative: Spotting opportunities within a circle of influence; anticipating threats and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively until the situation demands action.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job is in a professional office environment.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to perform repetitious hand/eye movement, must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
0 – 10%
Required Education and Experience
- 4 year degree
- Experience developing in a cross functional team environment 3. Experience with digital marketing platforms (e.g., Salesforce Marketing Cloud), HTML, and CSS
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fieldBachelor's Degree required 2-5 years of marketing experience
- 5+ years email marketing experience
- Specialized Training
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- The ability to take complex email designs and turn them into simple, functional interfaces
- Understanding of responsive design, cross browser differences, and cross device implementation
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategies: customer lifecycle, social media outreach
- Ability to write reusable code for UI componentsProficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.