IT Project Manager
Manager, IT Project Management
- Responsible for Scope Management of the project including Risk, Change, Quality and Communication
- Writing business requirements, user stories and scenarios for the technical team(s) to execute.
- Working cross-functionally with internal and external teams to define requirement specifications, provide design direction and interact directly with technical development to produce products.
- Serving as the project’s or product's primary point of contact for the business on current functionality while developing the vision for future enhancements.
- Making rapid tactical development decisions if they impact functionality or usability.
- Monitoring progress and making constant adjustments based on larger strategic objectives.
- Participating in project reviews as well as technical release planning.
- Working with team to set project or task timelines and priorities based on objectives.
- Managing expectations with the business owner(s).
- Representing the voice of the business to the technical team(s).
- Understanding and delivering on ROI.
- Responsible for forecasting resource needs and working with management and other PM’s to allocate team members time.
- Participates in regularly scheduled reviews of active projects and maintains current status reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation experience to peers and senior management.
- Teamwork orientation
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Leadership: Achieving results through people by successful objective setting, performance review, motivation, delegation, teambuilding, commitment gains, and empowerment.
- Oral Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Planning and Organizing: Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 8-12 years of experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5+ years in project or product management for software development, preferably for service oriented company.
- BA/BS in marketing, sciences, technology; preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Certifications PMP required
- Manages small to medium projects
- Oversees the daily work of the group(s)
- Schedules, facilitates and distributes minutes for project meetings.
- Creates or collects documentation related to the project(s). I
- In addition to PM1and PM2
- Manages multiple projects of all sizes
- Ensures adherence to quality standards in all aspects of process groups (initiating, planning, executing, controlling, close)
- Leads major technical, cost, scheduling and performance decisions
- Reports project status to stakeholders and executives regarding schedule, cost, risk etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.