IT Operations Product Support Specialist
Supervisor, IT Operations Support
Act as customer advocate, triaging, and resolving issues ranging escalated support issues to appropriate personnel. Work closely with Operation Support Analyst on troubleshooting complicated support issues.
- Respond to user requests that come in via phone, ticketing system and email.
- Resolve requests and when needed, escalate to appropriate personnel.
- Act as customer advocate, researching, troubleshooting and pushing for thorough resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Document and summarize interactions with end users accurately for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Troubleshoot and support proprietary software programs as well as third party software and applications.
- Work with members of Operations Support on projects and special initiatives.
- Where applicable, provide suggestions for process and procedure improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
- Usage of Technical Expertise: Acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge in one's own technological area of specialty.
- Written Communication: Expressing ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents; utilizing language and terminology.
- Oral Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Must be able to perform repetitious hand/eye movement. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Must be able to drive. Must be able to climb on and use a ladder to install equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Call Center Schedule/Hours.
Required Education and Experience
- AS degree in technical field and/or technical certifications.
Preferred Education and Experience
- World class customer service skills.
- Industry certifications a plus.
- Ability to deal with stress and changing priorities.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.