We are looking for an experienced, versatile writer to bring our brand voice to life. As our Sr. Copywriter, you will be responsible for brainstorming, creating, and transforming ideas to copy for efforts across the organization: customer communications, internal communications, and advertisements. You will collaborate with a highly cross-functional team of marketers, business owners, merchandisers, and designers to build a world-class brand.
- Help shape and implement language and tone that tells our story
- Continually refine our brand voice to effectively communicate our unique positioning
- Ability to easily shift gears between various types of Marketing content including (but not limited to): social, email, website, digital advertising, digital store signage and website
- Foster collaboration across teams to solve complex challenges while maintaining a high level of excellence
- Work closely with the Creative Manager to align creative strategy to brand, seasonal promotions, and product launch efforts
- Mentor other writers by actively editing and fact-checking their work while actively working on your own projects
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and a strategy to implement
- Prioritize projects and workload to meet business needs and deadlines
- Act as a brand steward and hold brand standards high across all projects
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Functional Expertise and Usage: Acquiring and applying functional knowledge in an area of specialty that is not technical (for example, Sales, Finance, and Human Resources management).
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Written Communication: Expressing ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents; utilizing language and terminology.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- BA in English, Journalism, or Creative Writing preferred
- 6+ years professional creative writing experience in advertising or brand marketing department
- Experience with technology, franchise, and subscription brands preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- A hybrid creative writer and smart marketer
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills
- Proven excellence at brand development and expression
- Fast and efficient, with proven project/time management skills
- Skillful at building relationships and listening to stakeholders to gain understanding
- Able to navigate all levels of the organization seamlessly and contribute leadership to diverse teams to achieve necessary results.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.