BI ETL Developer
Enterprise Data Architect Manager
The BI ETL developer will be responsible for implementing internal ETL processes in order to consume data from 3rd parties as well as internal systems, using Informatica and Azure as the primary toolset. They will also work with the rest of the ETL team to facilitate the growth and maintenance of the enterprise data warehouse and facilitate the need of all data requests.
- Develop solution in highly demanding environment and provide hands on guidance to other team members.
- Implement Informatica based ETL solutions fulfilling stringent performance requirements.
- Collaborate with product development teams and senior designers to develop architectural requirements to ensure client satisfaction with product.
- Assess requirements for completeness and accuracy.
- Determine if requirements are actionable for ETL team.
- Conduct impact assessment and determine size of effort based on requirements.
- Manage build phase and quality assure code to ensure fulfilling requirements and adhering to ETL architecture.
- Identify bugs when developers are not able to do so.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics
- Usage of Technical Expertise: Acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge in one's own technological area of specialty
- Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time, Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs., Must be able to drive
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years specializing within the field of Business Intelligence and ETL.
- Understanding of ETL implementation and workflow
- Proven history of design and implementing ETL workflows from inception
- Comprehension of data engineering principles.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with data engineering concepts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.