IT Operations Support Analyst I
Manager, IT Operations Support
Act as customer advocate, triaging, and resolving issues ranging from password resets to store outages, firewall and routing issues, software bugs and feature requests. Escalate support issues to appropriate personnel. Work closely with Operation Support Analyst II’s on troubleshooting complicated support issues and building skill set.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond to user requests that come in via phone and ticketing system; phone requests being priority workload .
- Resolve requests and when needed, escalate to appropriate personnel .
- Act as customer advocate, researching, troubleshooting and pushing for thorough resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Document and summarize interactions with end users accurately for tracking and reporting purposes .
- Troubleshoot and support proprietary software programs as well as third party software and applications.
- Troubleshoot hardware located in the retail environment.
- Work with members of Operations Support on projects and special initiatives .
- Support of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Apple operating systems .
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Call Center Schedule/Hour.
1 – 10%
Required Education and Experience
- AS degree in technical field and/or technical certifications.
Preferred Education and Experience
- AS degree in technical field.
- Exceptional customer service skills .
- Minimum one year verifiable technology support .
- Industry certifications a plus .
- Ability to deal with stress and changing priorities .
- Basic understanding of firewall and routing technologies .
- Strong troubleshooting skills .
- Familiar with Microsoft operating systems .
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory .
- Basic knowledge of DNS.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.