Training Content Specialist
Learning and Development Manager
Work with Training team to create and maintain learning content specific to business needs. Take initiative to ensure all content is current and presented in a manner that reflects company culture while meeting learning needs from an instructional perspective.
- Collaborate with members of the National Training team and subject matter experts to produce specific training offerings to include: reference guides, e-Learning courses, videos, and/or PowerPoint presentations.
- Organize, update and maintain training materials.
- Utilize various software and tools for e-Learning design.
- Design and develop tests/quizzes/assessments to gage understanding and learning transfer. May track test/assessment completion.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Cellular Sales and Verizon Wireless products and services.
- Utilize and maintain internal Learning Management System (LMS) to distribute, track and evaluate the effectiveness of instructional applications.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Oral Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Achievement Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations; being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.
- Written Communication: Expressing ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents; utilizing language and terminology.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, scanners, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work may vary.
Minimum travel is expected for this position, 0-5%.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Adobe Captivate or other Adobe software knowledge.
- Graphic Design knowledge and/or experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Attitude, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Ability to work independently while still working on team goals
- Willingness to enhance personal learning and knowledge
- Facilitation- Some general knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for adult individuals and groups.
- English Language— Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Use of Media— Knowledge of alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Psychology— Some general knowledge of human behavior and performance.
- Speaking— Able to speak clearly and in a way that conveys information effectively.
- Instructing— Able to teach others how to do something, especially in an online format.
- Reading Comprehension— Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what others say, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness— Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Oral Expression— The ability to communicate information and ideas when speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity— The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Expression— The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Organization – Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Originality— The ability to brainstorm unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, to develop creative ways to solve problems or to convey information.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.