IT Infrastructure Team Lead
IT Infrastructure Manager
The Infrastructure Team Lead oversees the tasks, production and professional growth of Infrastructure Team personnel. The Infrastructure Team Lead provides leadership and coordination for other IT Support team members in maintaining and improving the current environment while developing and implementing IT initiatives that support a fast paced, performance-oriented technology organization. The role will be responsible for assigning tasks, responsibilities, and timelines within the team to achieve Cellular Sales key business strategies while working in support of staff development, attendance and planning for team growth. This position partners with IT Infrastructure Staff Administrator to provide support and guidance for efficient and effective resolution of project and support tickets.
- Support and participate in project rollouts.
- Defines team and individual KPI metrics and reporting, evaluating performance, staffing levels, and coverage gaps while tracking staff availability and PTO requests.
- Proactively monitors work performed by the team to identify potential issues and opportunities to improve performance and timing.
- Conducts and tracks Infrastructure staff one to one, review, performance and professional growth.
- Resolves escalated customer or team personnel issues.
- Monitors technology trends and activity, staying current with infrastructure system outages and lag time, proactively providing status reports as urgency dictates or upon managerial requests.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Leadership: Achieving results through people by successful objective setting, performance review, motivation, delegation, teambuilding, commitment gains, and empowerment. Cultivating the culture of the Ideal Team Player and the traits of humility, hunger and empathy.
- Planning and Organizing: Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals under tight deadlines.
- Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
- Oral Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some standing is required. A large portion of time is spent with computer work that requires repetitious eye/hand movement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the expectation to work extra hours as situations arise as well as on call rotation.
Required Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years IT experience with an emphasis on Infrastructure, Datacenter and Cloud systems team leadership
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Industry certifications a plus
- Understanding of ITIL
- Experience in process management and team development
- Experience with ServiceNow and Azure Dev Ops platforms is a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Ability to deal with stress and changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work calmly under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lead and motive a highly productive team in a fast paced environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.