Manager, Infrastructure Administration
The Infrastructure Administrator is involved in the build and support of systems and network implementations as related to stores, corporate headquarters, Call Center, data centers, IaaS and PaaS cloud systems. Must maintain a level of related expertise and a high level of awareness regarding any technology implemented within Cellular Sales (e.g. network, wireless, load balancing, servers, DNS, Directory Services, unified communications, system patching, automation, analysis and cloud platforms). The Infrastructure Administrator is a subject matter expert responsible for working with the Senior and Staff Infrastructure Administrator(s) to advise manager level staff when making strategic and tactical technical level decisions that will affect the Cellular Sales infrastructure networks, systems and applications. Must work closely with all teams to ensure seamless delivery of infrastructure implementations. The Infrastructure Administrator will act as a high level of support for Operations Support, providing timely troubleshooting and diagnosis for problem resolution along with run support handoffs and training. The Administrator may be called upon to provide input as the technical authority between any infrastructure related vendor and Cellular Sales.
- This position is responsible for task and project level execution at the direction of the Director, and Manager Infrastructure Systems for system implementations.
- Build and administration of Infrastructure-related solutions for various project and operational needs, both independent and collaborative efforts.
- Contribute to and maintain infrastructure standards and documentation.
- Contribute to and maintain policies related to systems (Active Directory and Exchange policy, password policies, network system policy, system access policies, backup policies, etc.)
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, and infrastructure related documentation.
- Research and innovate scripted, preferably automated, approaches for infrastructure administration tasks.
- Install new/rebuild existing networks and network related devices, servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Participate in software and hardware evaluations, testing and reviews
- Conduct network system support, updates and install of related software applications
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people with a hunger for continued growth.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working,
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.,
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.,
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics with a humble focus on team success.
- Usage of Technical Expertise: Acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge in one's own technological area of specialty.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to perform repetitious hand/eye movement,
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time,
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Flexibility to work required hours to address critical department needs – participating in on call rotation. Will require occasional work after normal business hours, on weekends, and over holidays.
0 – 10% travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5 to 7 years infrastructure or system administration experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Microsoft Certifications, Cisco, cloud platform and other certifications, in related technologies to the Cellular Sales infrastructure.
- 4 year degree in Information Systems or Technology
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Displays a passion for infrastructure, cloud and datacenter administration.
- A healthy confidence tempered with discernment.
- The ability to clearly communicate information and ideas.
- The ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented.
- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- The ability to engage teams in a wide range of projects and discussions.
- The ability to create, read and improve automation packages based on scripting platforms (including Powershell, Python, Ansible, Terraform etc.)
- The ability to find, collect, analyze and explain system status, activity and event logs to improve and optimize infrastructure systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.