Returns Authorization Coordinator
Manage the receipt, documentation, and tracking of goods. Communicate with market and vendors regarding issues or status of merchandise. Maintain flexibility to support changing priorities and needs.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping.
- Confer or correspond with appropriate person(s) to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, or storage.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Initiative: Spotting opportunities within a circle of influence; anticipating threats and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively until the situation demands action.
- Organizational Awareness: Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, procedures, and culture inside the organization to identify potential problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
This job is in a store/retail environment.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous retail experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.