Merchandising and Facilities Coordinator
$18 - $21/hr. based on experience
Operations Manager, Inventory Supervisor & National Merchandiser Manager
The Merchandising and Facilities Coordinator oversees the overall appearance of store locations including cleanliness, signage, building maintenance, and appropriate merchandising displays in addition to performing minor maintenance repairs.
1. Manage POP (Point of Purchase) collateral in retail locations and make updates as needed to comply with corporate standards.
2. Manage the cleanliness and visual appeal of retail locations.
3. Coordinate commercial displays to maximize customer appeal.
4. Develop ideas or plans for merchandise displays or window signage.
5. Refresh window displays, interior display areas, or signage to reflect changes in inventory or promotion.
6. Consult with advertising or sales staff to determine what type(s) of merchandise to feature and how to position them within the location for optimal customer exposure.
7. Arrange furniture, merchandise, backdrops, or other accessories as outlined in predetermined sketches or plan-o-grams.
8. Construct or assemble displays or display components from fabric, glass, paper, or plastic, using hand tools or woodworking power tools.
9. Resolve problems such as damages or shortages with collateral and locations with incorrect merchandising configurations.
10. Requisition and storage of collateral.
11. Work with Inventory Supervisors to build & maintain an effective stock balancing program.
12. Deliver inventory to area stores.
13. Rotate sellable product between stores.
14. Perform routine, preventive maintenance to ensure that office equipment operates as intended.
15. Inspect and diagnose issues with basic office equipment.
16. Replace light bulbs and perform minors repairs to things like ceiling tiles, damaged walls and other light/moderate repairs
17. Assess basic plumbing and HVAC issues to assist professional repair technicians with diagnosis.
18. Assist with additional responsibilities as needed.
1. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
2. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
3. Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
4. Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
5. Functional Expertise and Usage: Acquiring and applying functional knowledge in an area of specialty that is not technical (for example, Sales, Finance, and Human Resources management).
6. Planning and Organizing: Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals.
7. Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
8. Written Communication: Expressing ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents utilizing appropriate language and terminology.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
This job is in a store/retail environment.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must be able to use a ladder.
Must be able to drive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional night and weekend hours will be required.
Over 50% (mileage reimbursement provided)
Required Education and Experience
1. High School diploma or GED
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Previous merchandising and/or facilities maintenance experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.