The Phone Repair Technician oversees the daily operations of the Service Department. Primary responsibilities include: managing Repair Technicians, overseeing inventory, marketing available services, managing repair tickets, handling customer service issues, and training employees.
- Interview, hire, train, and schedule Repair techs as needed
- Manage, track, and order parts inventory
- Tag and label incoming POs—setting cost and MSRP
- Manage tools and supplies needed for repairs
- Troubleshoot/diagnose/repair phones, tablets & other small wireless electronics
- Marketing/advertising the repair center to acquire business
- Manage repair tickets to ensure repairs are done in a timely manner
- Ensure quality customer service experience
- Customer communications
- Setup and organization of the repair center for efficiency
- Design the repair center in a manner that is efficient for each technician to work and a comfortable atmosphere for the customer
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Planning and Organizing: Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job is in a store/retail environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to perform repetitious hand/eye movement.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use a ladder.
- Must able to drive and meet the driver approval standards of the company.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1 – 10%
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2 year degree
- Master Technician Certification
- Practical Motherboard Repair Certification
- Micro Soldering Certification
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.