Inventory Control Clerk
Handle the receipt, documentation, and tracking of goods. Communicate with Inventory Manager regarding issues or status of merchandise. Be flexible to support changing priorities and needs.
- Provide support for Inventory Supervisor
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping.
- Confer or correspond with appropriate person(s) to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, or storage.
- Ensure proper stock levels in stores
- Understand warranty/returns policy per vendor
- Date and rotate product
- Clean and maintain the inventory closet
- Conduct physical inventory of the inventory closet
- Move inventory around in the market
- Help with RA process
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Initiative: Spotting opportunities within a circle of influence; anticipating threats and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively until the situation demands action.
- Planning and Organizing: Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Written Communication: Expressing ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents; utilizing language and terminology.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job is in a store/retail environment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. + pounds
Must be able to stand for long periods of time
This is a physically active position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
During special device launches nights and weekends will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous retail experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.