Customer Relations Specialist
Customer Relations Supervisor
Customer Relations Specialists provide support to the Customer Service Manager by conducting research, preparing reports, and handling information requests. Assist in several areas to maintain functioning work processes. Communicate and work with multiple areas of the organization including Sales Representatives, customers, and management. Must be flexible to support changing priorities and needs. Possess high level of judgment and discretion.
- Accept, resolve, and/or escalate customer calls and/or manage the documentation and follow up processes.
- Accept, resolve, and/or appropriately escalate Sales Representatives issues/complaints.
- Coordinate and supply necessary documentation within online reporting trackers as needed.
- Utilize internal systems to access and research customer accounts and history.
- Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about products or services, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as follow up actions taken.
- Consistently follow up to ensure that appropriate changes were made/actions were taken to resolve customers' problems.
- Determine credits or charges for services rendered and collect payments or arrange for billing.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- May review insurance policy terms to determine whether a loss is covered by insurance.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible resolutions.
- Assist to train/coach new Customer Service personnel to make/receive customer calls, research customer accounts, and independently resolve customer concerns.
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Oral Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
- Written Communication: Expressing ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents; utilizing language and terminology.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work depend upon business needs and schedule availability.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Proficiency in Excel highly preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.