Outbound Sales Representative, Contact Center
Call Center Supervisor
The Outbound Sales Representative is responsible for making calls to wireless customers to generate sales and meet cross-organizational sales goals. This position interacts with Verizon customers via phone to provide information regarding Verizon products/services and to sell devices.
- Generate and qualify sales working from lead generated call sheets.
- Manage leads with tracking and follow up methods.
- Communicate product information to include price, rate plan, device features/benefits, and other information via phone.
- Gather and process customer information and disposition call at end of conversation.
- Insert notes of customer interactions and/or transactions; record details and any actions taken.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
- Initiative: Spotting opportunities within a circle of influence; anticipating threats and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively until the situation demands action.
- Oral Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and perform repetitious movements (hand, eye, etc.)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time or part time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed; the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and must work a minimum of 30 hours each week to maintain full-time status or 12 hours a week to maintain part time status.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous commissionable sales experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Customer Service— Knowledge of principles and thought processes for providing customer services. This includes quickly assessing customer needs, meeting quality standards for service and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language— Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what others say, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Persuasion/Negotiation— Persuading others to consider alternative solutions or options they may not have considered otherwise.
- Social Perceptiveness— Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do. Determining a customer buying type quickly and adjusting actions accordingly.
- Speech Clarity— The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition— The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Handling Objections— The ability to proactively identify, understand, and overcome objections.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.