IT Operations Support Analyst II
Manager, IT Operations Support
Act as customer advocate, triaging, and resolving issues ranging from password resets to store outages, firewall and routing issues, software bugs and feature requests. Aside from operations support, this position will work closely with the Network Engineering, Systems Administration, and Product/Software Development teams on special projects and assignments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond to user requests that come in via phone, ticketing system and email.
- Act as customer advocate, researching, troubleshooting and pushing for thorough resolution of issues in as timely a manner as possible.
- Communicate plans, progress, and issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor network nodes and troubleshoot/resolve connectivity issues and store outages.
- Troubleshoot and support proprietary software programs as well as third party software and applications.
- Troubleshoot hardware such as desktops, laptops, tablets, etc.
- Document and summarize interactions with end users accurately for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Work with infrastructure, database, and development personnel on projects and special initiatives.
- Complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner.
- Work with third party vendors and service providers.
- Support of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Apple operating systems.
- Where applicable, provide suggestions for process and procedure improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
- Usage of Technical Expertise: Acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge in one's own technological area of specialty.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Call Center Schedule/Hour.
1 – 10%
Required Education and Experience
- AS degree in technical field and/or technical certifications.
Preferred Education and Experience
- World class customer service skills.
- Minimum four years verifiable technology support.
- Industry certifications a plus.
- Ability to deal with stress and changing priorities.
- Intermediate understanding of firewall and routing technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft operating systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory.
- Intermediate knowledge of DNS.
- Understanding of SDLC.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.